[fetchmail] Re: Saving attachments

2003-01-15 08:57:24
glambr(_at_)in(_dot_)gr writes:
Hi! I would like to ask if there is a way to automatically save an attachment from a mail when fetchmail command is executed.To be more specific I want to check the subject of a message first and depending on the subject and the attachment, if there is such, to save the attachment somewhere on my disk.Can anyone help?
Fetchmail is not the tool you want to use to do this job. Fetchmail fetches mail. It can do one or two other things in the process - like rewriting user names and coping with multidrop - but only the minimum required to successfully fetch mail in most situations. Sounds like you need a program like maildrop to process the incoming messages.
--
Bill Michell
bill(_at_)mics(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk