Re: [fetchmail] multidrop mail boxes..

2003-01-16 07:50:13
From: Vishal Khanna <Vishal(_dot_)Khanna(_at_)aitpl(_dot_)co(_dot_)in>

I just installed fetchmail on my Suse 8.1,
now I am a bit puzzled on how to get the mail
distributed to different mail boxes. I
do not have a dedicated line so I have to
dialup everytime I need to send or receive
email(configured on the Linux box)
<---SNIP--->
When the users want to send email they send it
to the local sendmail system using SMTP and
this sendmail server then relays it to
the outer SMTP server from our provider
with email addresses as abc(_at_)xyz(_dot_)com(_dot_) Now
I agree this is a fairly complicated issue,
but I hope there would be someone who would
have got this configured and up and running on Suse.
I know of professional products which do this but
cannot afford to get them at my SOHO.

This sounds like a pretty standard setup. You'll find everything you need for multidrop in the man page, including example configurations.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?

The new MSN 8 is here: Try it free* for 2 months http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup