Re: [fetchmail] forcing the retrieve option

2003-01-31 02:51:22
From: bobbyprajan(_at_)softhome(_dot_)net

i am having trouble with a mail sever of my service provider. he is using microsoft exchange as the server. while fetching mails from this server using fetchmail 5.9.11 i am getting the message "message delimiter found while scanning headers". also sometimes fetchmail exits with a message "Query status = 2" "Client server synchronisation failed". i am also fetching mails from some other servers also and they dont exhibit this behaviour. i have a 1 Mb Leased line to internet so there is no possibility of connectivity problems. if i use the "fetchall" keyword (thus forcing retrieve)with the accounts in this server it works without problems. problem is i want to use the keep option with a particular account in this server, but when i use fetchall it will retrieve the already retrieved mails again which i dont want it to. is there any other way to force retrieve option other than the "fetchall" keyword ?

i am a new to this list. i did search the archives for any info on this. but apologies in case this has been already answered in this list.

Please repeat: The man pages are your friend :-)

If you don't want to retrieve already read email then don't use the fetchall option:

       (Keyword:  fetchall)  Retrieve  both old (seen) and
       new messages from the mailserver.

I'd also suggest you try upgrading to the latest version of the software.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?

Surf together with new Shared Browsing http://join.msn.com/?page=features/browse&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=74&DI=1059