[fetchmail] Fetchmail Bind problem under OS X

2003-02-06 11:55:43
I am trying to replicate a fetchmail setup I had working on a linux machine,
on my OS X machine (10.2.3).

When I first got the Mac, I took the mail.app program for a spin, with all my
information for pop, smtp, etc.  It worked fine.

When I tried to run fetchmail (using the same email address/configuration,) it
fails with the log looking like this:

fetchmail: starting fetchmail 6.1.2 daemon
bind: Address already in use
channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 12345
Could not request local forwarding.
fetchmail: 37 messages for todd(_at_)marigoldtech(_dot_)com at localhost
(231373 octets).
fetchmail: reading message todd(_at_)marigoldtech(_dot_)com@localhost:1 of 37
(2157 octets) fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from mail.marigoldtech.com
fetchmail: Query status=10 (SMTP)
fetchmail: sleeping at Thu, 06 Feb 2003 11:38:27 -0700 (MST)

I thought this probably had something to do with the prior mail.app setup I
mentioned, so I deleted my user within mail.app and restarted the machine,
but I get the same error.  That's the only thing I could think of that might
be causing this... any ideas how I can force bind to let my address go, if
that is indeed the problem?

thanks,
Todd