[fetchmail] Re: YA Cygwin socket patch

2003-02-13 05:31:11
Eric,

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 04:52:10PM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
The attached patch (against 6.2.0) fixes a serious Cygwin specific
socket bug that I introduced when I re-factored my Cygwin Winsock
patch to handle both the SSL and non-SSL cases:

For some unexplainable reason (at least to me), fetchmail built with
gcc 2.95.x functions "properly" without this patch.  I only noticed
this problem when I built fetchmail with gcc 3.2.  Sigh...

I noticed that the above did not make it into fetchmail 6.2.1.  Please
apply this patch so the next fetchmail version will contain it.  It is
guaranteed to only affect Cygwin and only for the better.

I've re-attached the patch to this email for your convenience.

Thanks,
Jason