RE: [fetchmail] Fetchmail Config Problem

2003-03-14 08:02:33
Hello,

        I figured out what seems to have been the problem.  I needed to add the
"aka fse.us" to my config as follows.  Can anyone explain why I would need
the "aka" statement.  It seems to me that having "localdomains" and "aka"
containing the same domain would be redundant?  Maybe it is something to do
with the "no dns" option I am using.

        I am using the "no dns" option because the server that is running
fetchmail
and hosts the end user mailboxes, is on a private network using a private
ip.  So the dns will not tell fetchmail that fse.us belongs to this host.
Also, all mail that ends up in my multidrop box should go to this server.
The only decision that needs to be made, is what user(s) it should be
delivered to.

Maybe someone can clarify this "aka" option a little.

----Config------

poll fse-mail.fse.us with
   proto POP3
   no dns
   timeout 60
   localdomains fse.us
   aka fse.us
   user 'multidropbox(_at_)fse(_dot_)us' there with password 'mypassword' to *
here

Thanks much

Regards,

Joseph Watson