[fetchmail] output from fetchmail is sent to the user, want it sent to other user.

2003-03-17 13:41:13
Hello,

I have a system with serveral users that don't know what the server is
or what it do, they are just normal users in it's true meaning.

So when I have set up fetchmail to fetch mail from diffrent accounts for
these users and to make sure that this deamon always are alive I make a
check in crontab every second hour.

If the deamon still is alive a message is sent to the user saying that
fetchmail can't start due to it's already runing.

If I change this check into killing fetchmail first and then start it
again, the user will get a message saying that that fetchmail was killed
or will get the message that it is no fetchmail to kill depending on
senario.

I know I can make the user don't get any messages like this from
fetchmail through remove the command sendmail and use our mail servers
name, exim, as command instead of sendmail. But doing that I lose the
information that sometimes can be interessting that comes from fetchmail
or other programs that want to inform the users about things via the
standard command sendmail.

So I would prefer to have an option in fetchmail where I can divert
stdout's from fetchmail that are deliverd to the user in question to a
postmaster or simular instead. I can't use the forward file for the user
in question when that is setup for with emails in thought.

Do any of you have a idea?

Thanks for your time!

With regards,

Rolf Eric