Re: [fetchmail] Incorrect headers again

2003-05-27 12:14:48
According to the manpage, the -Z 501 option should exactly do this. However, it
does not. I am running into same trouble constantly.

Hi folks, sorry for the lack of threading, I've just
joined the list..

Sunil Shetye wrote:
Currently, fetchmail leaves mails without header
delimiter on the
server. This is useful if one is experimenting with
the mailbox or if
the mailbox is corrupted and requires manual
intervention. However, in
general, such mails should be deleted without
downloading.

Fixing this problem should be easy. However, should
this automatic
deletion be the default policy? Or, should this be
done only if some
option is specified? If so, what should be the name
of the option?

This may be a slightly different problem, but I
came back to work after the weekend to find 4468
fetchmail warning messages in my inbox (generated from
twelve bad emails on the pop3 server).

I think the error messages are created when fetchmail
tries to deliver the email to sendmail (we make use of
aliases, so cannot use direct procmail delivery),
getting a "General SMTP/ESMTP error" from
FETCHMAIL-DAEMON(_at_)company(_dot_)com with a diagnostic code:
"501 5.1.7 Syntax error in mailbox address"
or "501 5.1.7 8-bit character in mailbox address".

Can the message deletion you spoke of be extended to
delete messages on the pop3 server after errors like
this from sendmail?

All the best, Pete.