[fetchmail] Unescaped .'s

2003-06-10 17:09:25
We need to fetchmail from a server we have no control over.

It doesn't properly escape periods (but it does give the size correctly).

fetchmail freaks and keeps fetching the same message over and over again when they get a particular piece of spam that triggers the bug in the server.

Does anyone have a suggestion (or patch) that will let us set some argument for that server and fetch things properly, while continuing to work as normal elsewhere?

We're running fetchmail 6.2.1
FWIW, the server is:
+OK IMS POP3 Server 0.87 Ready
<3088720(_dot_)1055289841(_dot_)830(_at_)wiscasset(_dot_)net>

--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Anti-Spam Service for your POP Account

everyone else's.