Re: [fetchmail](no subject)

2003-07-25 07:42:56
I need help to configure the Fetchmail. I don't know how to force
fetchmail to keep my emails in different location on my home
directory (not in /var/spool/mail ) where I have no access to create
/var/spool/mail/$USERAME
Now it doesn't work (can't fetch emails) and I think the problem is
about this location. I tried with -v but nothing happend .

Fetchmail gets your mail and submits it to your local MTA or MDA.  If you
want mail delivered to some non-standard location, typically that is setup
with an external MDA. Suggest you look into Procmail or even Perl's
Mail::Audit module.

Many mail servers are configured to notice and use ~/.procmailrc if it
exists, but if yours isn't, you can always create a .forward file in each
users home dir that causes the local mail system to use your own MDA.  Then
configure that MDA to deliver wherever you like.

Procmail examples are all over the net.  Here's a Perl example (though you
probably wouldn't normally use Mail::Audit for such a simple case...):

In /home/user/.forward:

|~/mail/mailfilter.pl

In /home/user/mail/mailfilter.pl:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w