Re: [fetchmail] Missing emails !?

2003-07-30 07:09:33
From: Jon Knight <mistajon(_at_)optusnet(_dot_)com(_dot_)au>

I am using fetchmail (running on a freebsd box) to forward pop emails into
an Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 DC. For some unknown reason some emails
are arriving in the mailbox (on exchange) and some are "missing". My .conf
file consists of alot of rules to simply forward the users pop email into an
actual exchange mailbox. Why would this occur and what may I do to
troubleshoot this further?

Without any real information (versions, config file etc) it's all guesswork. However I'd say you may have problems with your FreeBSD's mail server. Try looking at /var/log/maillog and examining the output of "mailq" and "mailq -Ac" (if running Sendmail 8.12.x).

Also, how can I specify where all my postmaster (fetchmail-daemon?) emails
are to be forwarded to?

Have you tried the man page?  Look for "set postmaster".

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?