Re: [fetchmail] [BUG] plural form needed for translations

2003-08-06 16:22:19
Ernest Adrogué <eadrogue(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net>:

Package: fetchmail
Version: 6.2.3
Severity: low

I have a problem with a string located at driver.c line 1263:

        report_build(stdout, GT_("%d %s (%d seen) for %s"),
              count, count > 1 ?  GT_("messages") :
                                  GT_("message"),
              count-new, buf);

In English the adjective "seen" is invariable, regardless of
the value of %d. However in many other languages, including
French, Spanish, Italian and Catalan (AFAIK) this is not true.
In this cases we would use the plural form of "seen" if %d
is different from 1, and the singular form otherwise. So, I
think this code snippet should be adapted to these situations
just as you've already done with the word "message".

I have introduced a translation item for this word.