Re: [fetchmail] [bug] has_cram not reset to FALSE between fetches

2003-08-06 16:22:16
Fabrice Bauzac <fabrice(_dot_)bauzac(_at_)wanadoo(_dot_)fr>:
Fetchmail thinks pop.wanadoo.fr understand CRAM-MD5, which is not
true.  I think that the global variable has_cram (in pop3.c:49) has
been assigned to TRUE in the second fetch (with the CAPA command), but
has not been reinitialized to FALSE before the third fetch; that is
why the test at pop3.c:357 succeeds, however it shouldn't.

I noticed the variable has_cram is set to FALSE at the beginning, as a
global variable assignation; it can be set to TRUE when the CAPA
parsing is done, but it is never set to FALSE again.

I don't know where pre-fetch initializations are done, but I think
that the has_* initializations should be done there, instead of where
these variables are declared in pop3.c.

They're reset in pop3_getauth -- see pop3.c:290 or thereabouts.

You have a real bug here, but I think your diagnosis may be off.
Unfortunately, I don't have a test setup that can replicate this.

Whould it be possible for you to run fetchmail under a debugger with
a watchpoint on that variable, to find out exactly when it;s getting
set and reset?