Re: [fetchmail] Download bad headers email instead of retain

2003-08-13 20:05:11
On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 05:22:55PM -0400, MFriedman(_at_)symcor(_dot_)com wrote:

Hi folks,

This is my first post to this list so forgive me if I'm asking an FAQ. I've
searched and searched however, and haven't found an answer that I've
thought was satisfactory.

I'm finding that messages with bad headers are left on the server - so
fetchmail reports them everytime I download and they just remain there
forever - unless I physically delete them using my webmail program. I'd
rather just be able to use fetchmail.

Here's the output when fetchmail runs into a bad message:
reading message me(_at_)mail(_dot_)ahost(_dot_)com:22 of 23 (5606 octets)
fetchmail:
incorrect header line found while scanning headers
.....fetchmail:  retained

How can I setup fetchmail to go ahead and fetch that email instead of
leaving it on the server? I'll deal with it once downloaded.

Many thanks,
Matt Friedman.

BTW, it's on cygwin with exim if that makes any difference at all.

The latest (just released) version of fetchmail (6.2.4) fixes this.

Paul