Re: [fetchmail] Re: 6.3.0 TODO

2003-08-24 19:52:59
On Sunday, August 24, 2003, at 10:35  PM, Sunil Shetye wrote:

Quoting from Matthias Andree's mail on Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 05:38:04AM +0200:
Note that imap servers do not allow adding custom flags.

Some do.

Then, is there any way of probing if such a capability is supported by
the IMAP server? Is there any keyword in the output of either
CAPABILITY or SELECT?

NOTE: I am not an IMAP protocol expert.

It looks like this information comes back from the SELECT command. I'm looking at section 6.3.1 of RFC 2060 (hoping it is still relevant today.)

The server I am currently using fetchmail with does not support custom permanent flags, so I'm interested in seeing it continue to work with servers that don't support this (as it appears the spec allows.)

I believe that only the first letter of the flag is actually used by
the IMAP server. So, \Fetchedmail is probably going to be the same \F
or \Flagged (which is an available flag).

I don't believe that is the case. I think the whole string is used (up to an arbitrary per server length limit.)

For example two of the built-in flags are \Draft and \Deleted.

Jim