Re: [fetchmail] CommonName mismatch?

2003-08-31 06:50:32
On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 14:28, Nick Bolton wrote:
Hi, Fetchmail is working perfectly (downloads and forwards email ok)
with the exception of this error:

fetchmail: Server CommonName mismatch: localhost.localdomain !=
<remote_host>
fetchmail: Server CommonName mismatch: localhost.localdomain !=
<remote_host>

Substituing <remote_host> with the remote host I'm connecting to.
Why am I getting this notice, and how do I disable it?

I submitted a patch here and there's also a Debian bug report open
regarding this. (#201113, see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=201113). The Debian
Maintainer also asked Eric S. Raymond about it but we don't have an
answer yet (hint, hint, ... ;). There wasn't any comment on it being to
"hacky" so I don't resubmit another variant until then.

The mentioned patch still appies to fetchmail 6.2.4.

bye,
  Roland