Re: [fetchmail] Re: limit size

2003-09-21 12:14:55
From: Payal Rathod <payal-fetchmail(_at_)staticky(_dot_)com>

I  did read the man page and did search for the word "size" and did get
the keyword limit. But I don't know how to use it? I get an error like,

fetchmail:/home/payal/.fetchmailrc:5: parse error at limit

and in .fetmailrc I have
# Configuration file for fetchmail
set postmaster "postmaster"
set nobouncemail
set no spambounce
limit 85000
[...]

I also tried,
set limit 85000
and
set limit=85000

with same errors.

What should I do?

I'd go with RTFM again, but then it's always a good place to start. If you keep reading the man page you'll discover it lists where in the config file each keyword is allowed. A quick browse shows that the limit keyword is a USER option. This means you should stick it after the username part of the poll entry.

Something like:

poll pop.isp.net user fred with password thing limit 85000

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?