Re: >SPAM< [fetchmail] Crashing on certain messages

2003-09-22 04:47:48
Andy Fletcher <andy(_at_)flump(_dot_)net> writes:

I've recently come across a problem when fetchmail retrieves one
particular message from my remote POP3. The message is Spam, so I'm
not concerned for it's delivery, but fetchmail bailing out is holding
up retrieval of legitimate messages. Deleting the message manually
then allows all other mail the be retrieved. This post is quite long,
due to including a long sample email and the fetchmail -V, please bare
with me.

I've seen similar things happen, too, (also on 6.2.4) but I haven't been
able to log one.

I'm forwarding into an SMTP listenener, so MDA + SIGPIPE cannot be the
only cause to trigger this problem.

Running fetchmail from cron rather than in daemon mode looks pretty
attractive all of a sudden...

The message itself is included below (I retrieved this by performing a
manual POP3 session):

Next time, please zip or gzip the message and attach the resulting
file. You're lucky I read my "junk" folder today, as it triggered
SpamAssassin.