Re: [fetchmail] I'm lost & need help - config?

2003-10-09 12:53:14
On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 20:19, Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:
On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 07:31:31PM +1000, mpierce wrote:
I posted this at exim as I assumed it to be an exim config problem:

Using exim-tls_3.35-3woody1

I've spent countless hours trying to get this to work with failure (and
now a mild degree of frustration). In process of changing from my
current ADSL ISP supplier to another, so the line has to be terminated
for 1-2 weeks during changeover forcing me to use a dialup connection
during the interim.

Cannot get mail due to error:
...fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from
mail.optusnet.com.au
fetchmail: Query status=10 (SMTP)

Probably I don't understand anything. But the error message
above says that fetchmail could not connect to LOCALHOST. Why are you
trying to debug your connection to ISP? In other words, fetchmail gets
the message from your ISP but then when it tries to deliver it to your Exim
it can't establish connection. Check if there is listener on localhost
port 25.

How do I do this; I thought exim was the listener for this port?

Andrei