Re: [fetchmail] Thoughts on POP3, UIDL, IMAP and documentation

2003-10-10 05:19:31
From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com>

In other words, you're trying to use fetchmail as just another user
agent rather than an MTA.  Damn, I knew I should have deleted the keep
option.

Please don't! It may mean some of us use it as "just another" MUA. However it is a *VERY* useful feature. I use it to allow 2 separate groups of people to access the same POP mailbox. We couldn't find any other practical solution and fetchmail (as always) "just worked".

And no, running an IMAP server, that both groups have access to, isn't a practical solution :(

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?

Sign-up for a FREE BT Broadband connection today! http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband