Re: [fetchmail] multidrop problem

2003-10-14 17:19:31
"Eric S. Raymond" <esr(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com> writes:

I question the need for duplicate suppression at large. What behaviour
is duplicate suppression supposed to fix? It only covers up
misconfigurations, when fetchmail wrongly resorts to parsing To:/Cc:
headers to figure recipients.

If there is no envelope header that's not a misconfiguration.

If there is no "envelope" header,
then it's a misconfiguration to try multidrop.

You want fetchmail to be a mail transfer agent, and one of the important
requirements for an MTA is "reliable". The other important is "secure".

multidrop without envelope falls into the "game of luck" category and is
unsuitable for MTA, because it attaches "if..."s to the "then it might
work."