[fetchmail] IMAP Folders

2003-10-23 18:32:24

Greetings,

In followup to a thread, Re: Fetching Folders (Sat, 13 Sep 2003) I am pursuing
the same issue, that is attempting to mirror a mail spool and dynamic IMAP
folder tree from an offsite server. I've not yet used the -r option but have
noted it's a static list. After numerous googles and FAQ readings I am near
conclusion that there is no way to dynamically retrieve the mailbox list from
the IMAP server w/fetchmail.

Eric Raymond says fetchmail is "transport not policy" --which is fine. Yet I'm
posting to see if anyone has found a graceful solution to this.

If not, I've seen some utils on freshmeat that will query an IMAP server for a
folder list. These are not however SSL capable, which is very appealing, nearly
a requirement.

Thank you,
-zeek

Sparklehouse Media and Technologies