[fetchmail] fetchmail using alternative config question

2003-11-19 08:55:28
Hi,

Sorry if this has come up before (couldn't find anything on it in google
though).

I know fetchmail will load the current users ~/.fetchmailrc that's all fine,
but is there a way of getting fetchmail to use say a the output of a perl
script as its config file?

So will have a script which outputs all the 'poll host with proto pop3'
etc.. dynamically rather than using a static ~./fetchmailrc. Now I know I
could generate the fetchmailrc file, but I'd rather not as may be having
multiple copies of fetchmail running at the same time so a being able to
load a dynamic script with different configurations would be beneficial.

Only other way I can see of not using the ~./fetchmailrc setup would be to
pass args for everything but would be messy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Simon