Re: [fetchmail] Fetchmail Cyrus question

2003-11-25 03:41:05
Hello,
    I am trying to use fetchmail to deliver to mailboxes created with
cyrus.
The mailbox users are not users on the OS.  Reading the Fetchmail FAQ
answer
C1, it would seem to be saying that if the user does not exist on the
underlying OS, mail for that user will be delivered to the uid running
fetchmail.  Thus it would seem that fetchmail is not a mail retrieval
utility that works well with Cyrus.  Is this correct?

We deliver to non-local os email accounts (postfix + dbmail). You just need
to define the smtpname. It then just passes the email to the local mta which
handles the delivery.

Here's a snip of our fetchmailrc (well we use a perl script to generate the
output from our database)

<snip>
set syslog
set postmaster "postmaster"
set no bouncemail
set invisible

poll REMOTE_HOST with proto POP3 timeout 180
        user "USERNAME" there with password "PASSWORD"
        is my(_dot_)email(_dot_)(_at_)address(_dot_)com here options flush
        smtpname my(_dot_)email(_dot_)(_at_)address(_dot_)com
</snip>

this seems to work fine.

HTH

Simon