Re: [fetchmail]Re: Fetchmail sticking on bad incoming message

2003-12-23 00:23:13
After reading one (clearly spam) message from
undxf703rz(_at_)microbitnet(_dot_)com,
fetchmail tries to hand this on to my local sendmail.  Attempting (and
failing) to resolve microbitnet.com takes one minute, by which time it
seems my ISP has become bored.  At least, that's how I interpret these
lines:

Try reducing the value of timeout. The default of 300 is too high for
you. Something like:

poll server
    timeout 55

Thank you, that's excellent!  I'll have to wait until the problem recurs
(it's *very* rare) and experiment.  I suppose I could mail myself an email
allegedly from microbitnet.com...

On using the ideal timeout, fetchmail will get bored just before your
ISP!

By the way, can you think of any reason why
        $ host microbitnet.com
should take so much longer than trying to resolve other host names?  'tis
very odd.