[fetchmail]large messages problem

2004-01-10 14:13:08
Dear Sirs,
        I have been having some large messages truncated, and I think the
problem lies in fetchmail.  If I specify the keep option in my .fetchmailrc
file,
test messages are retrieved in their entirety, if I don't, then the same test
messages, and other similar ones, are truncated at about 60k.  Any help with
this would be appreciated.
        Sincerely,
                Jeremy Stent.

I am using gentoo linux.  Kernel version 2.4.20-gentoo-r8
compiler: gcc version 3.3.2 20031218 (Gentoo Linux 3.3.2-r5, propolice-3.3-7)
att postoffice greeting line:  +OK (mtiwpsc02) Maillennium POP3/PROXY
server #52
forwarding to: exim v 4.24
No command line options.  .fetchmailrc:poll postoffice.att.net proto pop3 user
stentj there is stentj(_at_)reason(_dot_)localdomai
n here pass VVVVVV (sometimes adding keep)
fetchmail -V:
This is fetchmail release 6.2.5+RPA+NTLM+SDPS+SSL+INET6+NLS
Fallback MDA: (none)
Linux reason.localdomain 2.4.20-gentoo-r8 #4 Sat Nov 15 17:25:03 CST 2003
i686 Unknown CPU Type AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
Taking options from command line and /home/stentj/.fetchmailrc
Idfile is /home/stentj/.fetchids
Fetchmail will show progress dots even in logfiles.
Fetchmail will forward misaddressed multidrop messages to stentj.
Options for retrieving from stentj(_at_)postoffice(_dot_)att(_dot_)net:
  True name of server is postoffice.att.net.
  Protocol is POP3.
  All available authentication methods will be tried.
  Server nonresponse timeout is 300 seconds (default).
  Default mailbox selected.
  Only new messages will be retrieved (--all off).
  Fetched messages will be kept on the server (--keep on).
  Old messages will not be flushed before message retrieval (--flush off).
  Rewrite of server-local addresses is enabled (--norewrite off).
  Carriage-return stripping is disabled (stripcr off).
  Carriage-return forcing is disabled (forcecr off).
  Interpretation of Content-Transfer-Encoding is enabled (pass8bits off).
  MIME decoding is disabled (mimedecode off).
  Idle after poll is disabled (idle off).
  Nonempty Status lines will be kept (dropstatus off)
  Delivered-To lines will be kept (dropdelivered off)
  Fetch message size limit is 100 (--fetchsizelimit 100).
  Do binary search of UIDs during 9 out of 10 polls (--fastuidl 10).
  Messages will be SMTP-forwarded to: localhost (default)
  Single-drop mode: 1 local name(s) recognized.
  38 UIDs saved.