Re: [fetchmail]help with court case - comcast to fix truncating email?

2004-01-18 10:03:23
jcfoley(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net wrote:

 - has been impacted by this bug and if so, would be willing to
provide a written statement.  You would not need to show up.

  I cannot provide any direct help here, only a couple of comments.
You did not mention what your workaround is.... By using the "-all" command line option, or adding "fetchall" to .fetchmailrc, forces fetchmail to use the RETR command rather then TOP to retrieve messages. The explanation I had is that TOP offers better error recovery. It must be *much* better to use a command in such an unexpected manner. It can also cause proxies to respond oddly. For instance, I have a mail filter that just passes through TOP commands; it does not scan messages since it presumes only a header is being retrieved.

--
jimoe at sohnen-moe dot com