[fetchmail]Fetchmail hangs - query status=2 (socket)

2004-03-25 07:16:49
I am using Slackware 9.1, Postfix 2.0 Patch level 19,
and Popa3D 0.6.4.

This is a copy and past from a fetchmail -V command

        This is fetchmail release 6.2.4+SSL+NLS
        Fallback MDA: (none)
        Linux mx2 2.4.22 #6 Tue Sep 2 17:43:01 PDT 2003 i686
unknown
unknown GNU/Linux
        Taking options from command line and
/root/.fetchmailrc
        Idfile is /root/.fetchids
        Fetchmail will forward misaddressed multidrop
messages to
postmaster.
        Options for retrieving from user(_at_)mail(_dot_)server(_dot_)com:
          True name of server is mail.server.com.
          Protocol is POP3.
          All available authentication methods will be tried.
          Server nonresponse timeout is 300 seconds
(default).
          Default mailbox selected.
          All messages will be retrieved (--all on).
          Fetched messages will not be kept on the server
(--keep off).
          Old messages will not be flushed before message
retrieval
(--flush off).
          Rewrite of server-local addresses is enabled
(--norewrite
off).
          Carriage-return stripping is disabled (stripcr
off).
          Carriage-return forcing is disabled (forcecr off).
          Interpretation of Content-Transfer-Encoding is
enabled
(pass8bits off).
          MIME decoding is disabled (mimedecode off).
          Idle after poll is disabled (idle off).
          Nonempty Status lines will be kept (dropstatus off)
          Delivered-To lines will be kept (dropdelivered off)
          Messages will be SMTP-forwarded to: localhost
(default)
          Multi-drop mode: 1 local name(s) recognized.
          DNS lookup for multidrop addresses is enabled.
          Server aliases will be compared with multidrop
addresses by
name.
          Envelope header is assumed to be: Received
          Local domains: server.com
          No UIDs saved from this host.

My .fetchmailrc looks like this

        poll mail.server.com
                proto pop3
                localdomains server.com
                user "user"
                pass "pass"
                to *
                fetchall

As you can see above, I am trying to retrieve all the
messages from a
multidrop box.  This is working fine for the most
part.  My problem is a
socket error that appears to happen only with certain
messages.  My best
guess is that Fetchmail doesn't like something in the
header of these
messages.  For example, I get an email from Schwab
Alerts.  Every mail
that I get from them produces the same socket error.
This kills
Fetchmail at that message, period the end.  I do have
a couple of
example headers from the emails that kill the process
if this would shed
any light.  I have searched far and wide on the net,
and have read as
much of the Fetchmail man pages as my brain can handle
to no avail.  Any
ideas would be most appreciated.  Thanks

Scott