Re: [fetchmail]80k of headers

2004-04-27 07:56:22
mbox mbarsalou wrote:
I feel like this is going to be a newbie question, but what reasons
exist to even HAVE an 80k header?  That seems like a lot of header for a
mail message.

What applications use this size of header on purpose?

Email headers can contain lots of things.  Each SMTP hop adds a (usually
long) Receive header.  Many mailing lists add lots of headers.  Lots of
people add their own custom headers, some of which may be long.  (See my
X-Face header for example; there are people that use variants of this that
are much bigger.)  Non-ASCII characters in headers require encodings that
inflate the header size.  It adds up.

Granted, 80k is pretty long for an email header.  But there's no reason to
choke on it.

--
==============================| "A slice of life isn't the whole cake
 Rob Funk <rfunk(_at_)funknet(_dot_)net> | One tooth will never make a full