Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail & AOL

2004-05-12 23:25:41
On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 06:03:31PM -0400, JP Vossen wrote:
I've attempted to send this to esr(_at_)ccil(_dot_)org &
cp(_at_)ccil(_dot_)org a few times but
i never makes it, don't know why...

----- Cut here ----
Not sure if anyone saw this yet but, "On April 5, 2004, [...] AOL
announced Open Mail Access -- IMAP and authenticated Authenticated SMTP
servers available to its membership."
      http://members.aol.com/adamkb/aol/mailfaq/3rd-party.html
      http://members.aol.com/adamkb/aol/mailfaq/imap/

YEAH!!!  I can finally move my wife and various family members off AOL and to
my local server as soon as a) fethcmail supports it or b) I can hack something
together myself (realistically, the former).

What do you think?

I think that:
1. fetchmail supports IMAP already.
2. there are other tools out there which can sync a whole IMAP hierarchy
from one machine to another, folders and all. "isync" is one I believe. Go
to http://freshmeat.net/ and enter 'imap' into the search box.

Regards,

Brian.