RE: [fetchmail]fetchmail error

2004-07-05 23:03:14
-----Original Message-----
From: fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
[mailto:fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Vedran Vucic

when i try to fetchmail i receive this error message
reading message vvucic(_at_)pop3(_dot_)eunet(_dot_)yu:1 of 2 (4782 octets)
..fetchmail:
SMTP conn
ect to localhost failed
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from pop3.eunet.yu
fetchmail: Query status=10 (SMTP)
What I have to do in order to correct it?

From the second screen of the man page:

As each message is retrieved fetchmail normally delivers it via SMTP to
port 25 on the machine it is running on (localhost), just as though  it
were  being passed in over a normal TCP/IP link.

You need to be running an SMTP server listening on loopback.  If you haven't
already then I *STRONGLY* suggest you RTFM, particularly if you're planning on
using a multi-drop mailbox at your ISP.

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may be
ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?