Re: [fetchmail]script for fetchmail

2004-07-06 04:54:35
On Sun, 4 Jul 2004, Indra Novindra wrote:

Hi,
I just want to know is there any script for make fetchmail run
automatically  ? or is there any other way to make that kind of script ?
I want to make my fetchmail service running every 5 minutes.

You need a .fetchmailrc file in your home directory.
This line:
set daemon 14400
will make fetchmail look for mail every four hours. For every 5 minutes you would need 5*60=300 or:
set daemon 300
Alternatively you could make fetchmail run as a cron job.

You will probably hear this from several folks but "man fetchmail" will tell you all you need to know.

Basically the procedure is make, or find a fetchmailrc on the `net and modify with your username and password etc.. Install the file in your home directory as .fetchmailrc and run fetchmail with no other arguments. fetchmail will read the .fetchmailrc file.

To make fetchmail run automatically without no effort on your part, I suppose you will need an appropriate script in /etc/init.d (for some UNIX like systems, with links to the appropriate run level. Different UNIX operating systems put the init.d directory in different places and if you are running a BSD based OS, then the files are totally different.

What Linux are you using?

Regards,
Indra

Fred