Re: [fetchmail]Re: [BUG] fetchmail hangs during pop3 pull after a mail with a null char

2004-08-25 03:11:32
Rob MacGregor wrote:

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:27:06 +0100, David Greaves
<david(_at_)dgreaves(_dot_)com> wrote:
Suggestions anyone?

My first comment would be - the remote POP3 server is broken.  It
might be worth trying to see if they support IMAP instead, on the off
chance it's less broken.
No, I don't think so. :) Good (small) unix friendly ISP running Debian.

I think it's fetchmail getting confused and calling SMTP_ok twice in a mixed smtp/lmtp bounce situation..
The null is just the lmtp bounce trigger.

Otherwise, I don't know.  Maybe worth trying to work up a patch to
strip/replace NULL characters from emails?

That might workaround the bug but it could then be triggered by another bounce-causing problem.

David