Re: [fetchmail]problem running "make"

2004-09-02 00:56:02

Rob Funk wrote:

Eagle Net Support wrote:
yacc was already installed
locate shows it in /usr/local/bin/yacc

reinstalled it anyway from bison.  exact same error

I don't know, where does "make" get the path to yacc as one idea.

make gets its information from configure.

couldn't find a PATH entry to add /usr/local/bin in configure.  checked
files that looked possible like configure.in and a few others.  I suspect
a PATH entry somewhere is needed as when I view config.log I see a PATH
statement list

***************paste in from log
PATH: /usr/kerberos/sbin
PATH: /usr/kerberos/bin
PATH: /sbin
PATH: /usr/sbin
PATH: /usr/bin
PATH: /bin
PATH: /etc
PATH: /usr/local
PATH: /usr/X11R6/bin
PATH: /home/support/bin
****************************

and /usr/local/bin is not logged

Try removing config.cache

no file "config.cache"  This might be config.status.  I did a make
distclean in between runs of   ./configure which seemed to be dumping any
file configure created.

and running ./configure again.  Make
sure /usr/local/bin is in your PATH when you do.

Any chance you copied the directory from another machine where you'd
compiled fetchmail before?

Not positive but I don't think so.  no fetchmail files found on locate.
Why what are you thinking?

If I could locate the PATH entry I think this would be solved.

joe
eaglenet