[fetchmail]how to configure fetchmail to retreive mails from pop3 accounts?

2004-09-11 04:00:12
[snip]

e.  And then the users can access their respective mails from the local lin=
ux box itself, and they don't need to go to the POP3 Server with the ISP.=
=0A=0AWhat other software packages would I need, if any, in addition to fet=
chmail?  and how do I configure fetchmail?=0A=0A=0AThanks In Advance.

If you install and run fetchmailconf (it ships with RH9, so that will be easy), it will give you a gui setup that will write a config file for you. If you set up one user with that, and the edit the file by hand, you'll see the format. It's pretty straightforward.. You don't need any additional software, assuming you already have an MTA installed (either sendmail or Postfix ship with RH9- postfix is a lot easier to configure). You might have to create a startup script to run fetchmail in daemon mode when the machine starts, but just get it working interactively at the command line first. Have a look at the manual page. I asked a similar question quite while ago, and got back a really useful answer that told me all I needed. It said:
'tman fetchmail'.
and nothing else!.
One more thing: If you have to post to the list again (and if you need to, please do) send in plain text, not HTML mail. It's much easier to read!.
Regards
Chris