[fetchmail]Re: Getmail

2004-12-03 03:27:06
Timothy White <weirdo(_at_)tigris(_dot_)org> writes:

Matthias Andree wrote:
"Lucky Me" <neiman007(_at_)hotpop(_dot_)com> writes:

Using Fetchmail 6.2.5
Are you still using fetchmail or have you switched to getmail instead,
given your post on that list an hour later?

Just asking. Which do you guys think is better?

Matter of taste IMO.

I use fetchmail because that's all I have ever used.
I use the SSL version and download mail from POP and IMAP accounts.
Is one faster than the other (not that it could be much faster on a slow
link)

I think fetchmail is faster. I tried getmail on a K6-2/350 with a 31200
bit/s modem link and it was awful. You may not care if you pay per
volume.