[fetchmail][2] Exit Status of fetchmail

2005-01-01 05:31:37
Hello,

Unfortunatly I have not found any informations abour the Exit Status
of fetchmail but I have encountered following:

If 'fetchmail' runs from cron without a VT I get

0   OK          There was minimum one Message successfuly fetched.
1   No mail     Mailbox was empty and there was no Mail fetched.
3   No Fetch    The Mailbox or the Password was incorrect and there was
                no fetch => tries to fetch mail from <root(_at_)isp(_dot_)tld>.

The Error Status 3 is wrong because if I run fetchmail from a VT I get

0   OK          There was minimum one Message successfuly fetched
1   No mail     Mailbox was empty and there was no Mail fetched
2   Auth fail   The Mailbox or the Password was incorrect and I was asked
                on the VT to enter a Passord for <root(_at_)isp(_dot_)tld>

Which mean, In the first case I will never get any Errors in my Admin
logfiles (I do not check the $USER logfiles because privecy) but bekome
bombed if I use "MAILTO=<my_admin_email>" in the crontab

Is there a possibility to add a switch to 'fetchmail' which avoid asing
for a password if in a ~/.fetchmailrc ins a Server provided but without
a "user" ?

Greetings and happy new year
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi