[fetchmail]Exchange converting to quoted-printable

2005-01-14 18:57:02
I've been using fetchmail 6.2.5+NTLM+SSL to retrieve mail from the
corporate Exchange :( server, and it has been working well :)

Recently, the server was "upgraded" -- to something like Exchange
2002 from Exchange 5.5 IIRC -- and I started having trouble with
message format.  I doubt very much that it is a fetchmail problem,
but am hoping that someone in the community may have seen something
similar and know a solution.  The prospect of getting the server
admins to change a configuration setting would be improved if they
did not have to research what setting to change :)

Before the upgrade, mail sent as plain text (with no Content-Type:,
Since the upgrade, it looks as if Exchange is rewriting the body of
such messages as quoted-printable, and inserting several headers:

The extra headers aren't really a problem, but does anyone know a
way to keep the server from "helping" with the message encoding?
Granted the correct solution would be to ditch Exchange altogether,
but that is not currently an option :(

BTW this is an improvement from what happened at first:  initially
it was converting things to multipart, with both a text/plain and
a text/html part (both encoded as quoted-printable), and I think
it may have been doing it to outgoing messages as well as incoming.
They did figure out how to turn that off after a few days.