Re: [fetchmail]configuring IMAP @ America Online (AOL)

2005-01-20 02:58:52
"Robert Abbate" <director(_at_)ispconcepts(_dot_)com> writes:

Hello. AOL has recently started allowing IMAP access, and I am trying to
configure fetchmail to work with this. It is able to login, and check for
messages, but it will not download the messages. Does anyone have a
suggestions? Perhaps a setting I am missing? I checked it with Outlook
Express, and it works fine. I am hoping fetchmail can work also.

fetchmail: IMAP> A0005 SEARCH UNSEEN NOT DELETED
fetchmail: IMAP< A0005 NO Command 'SEARCH' not supported
1 message (1 seen) for rabbate7777 at imap.aol.com.
skipping message
rabbate7777(_at_)imap(_dot_)imap-r(_dot_)rotors(_dot_)cs(_dot_)com:1 not
flushed

AOL hasn't implemented IMAP as per RFC-2060 or RFC-3501.
Proper IMAP implementations offer the "SEARCH" command.
Complain to AOL.

The workaround is to specify fetchmail --all, but you'll probably have
to add more options such as --flush to delete mail from the server in
this case to avoid fetching the same messages all over again and again.