Re: [fetchmail]Hi all, an lmtp question...

2005-02-07 14:56:14
Matthias Andree wrote:

Arun G Nair <arungnair(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

   I have Postfix + Cyrus runnig fine. Postfix uses lmtp unix socket
to pass messages to Cyrus IMAP. Now i want to fetch mail from another
domain and deliver it to cyrus through lmtp. I know an "--lmtp" flag
for fetchmail. But how to use it with unix sockets.  Any help is
appreciated.

fetchmail wants to talk via stream sockets (TCP). Can Cyrus open an LMTP
listening socket, perhaps only on the 127.0.0.1 address?

Otherwise, what prevents you from routing through Postfix? Centralized
logging and perhaps filtering doesn't seem too bad.

I do this.
In my fetchmail.rc I have:

poll pop.yourisp.net with proto POP3 tracepolls
user 'username' there with password 'mypass' is me(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com here options fetchall lmtp smtp /var/imap/socket/lmtp expunge 30
   antispam 571 550 501 554

notice the use of named pipes :)

I think fetchmail and cyrus needed lmtp support to be compile time switches.

HTH

David