[fetchmail]IPv6 DNS Problems

2005-03-27 16:25:43
Hello,

I tried to use fetchmail with my IPv6 server and was unable to get a
connection. All I got was:

fetchmail[28460]: couldn't find canonical DNS name of alita.v6.karotte.org
(alita.v6.karotte.org)
fetchmail[28460]: Query status=11 (DNS)

I use fetchmail with Linux 2.4.x, glibc 2.3.2.

I tried to find the reason for this (because I have AAAA records for
this address), and found out that driver.c doesn't resolve IPv6 hosts.
gethostbyname doesn't resolve AAAA records unless told so with a
resolver option. (Which is defined in resolv.h as RES_USE_INET6)

I attached my hotfix for this (which is poorly written, but works for
me) to this mail.

Regards,

Sebastian

--
GPG Key-ID: 0x76B79F20 (0x1B6034F476B79F20)
Wehret den Anfaengen: http://odem.org/informationsfreiheit/