Re: [fetchmail]Eprompter and Fetchmail

2005-05-10 02:31:22
Srinivasa R Yarrakonda <yseenu(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> writes:

I was jus browsing through www.eprompter.com and was
amazed how they could retrieve e-mails virtually
through any e-mail account (even with no POP access)
like gmail, yahoo, hotmail,POP3, mailcity,...

I was of the view that you cannot fetch mail unless
you have a POP access to that account like fetchmail.

Can anyone tell how eprompter works??

For the more common webmail services, they'll probably have a set of
scripts and pretend they were a browser. Such software is available for
some services, for instance, I was told that "gotmail" was supposed to
pull mail from hotmail. I've never looked at the software though.