Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail socket error...

2005-06-24 10:55:57
On 24/06/05, Vineet Arora <vinit(_dot_)arora(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
Dear All,
 We have one customized Linux box, working as a Mail and Proxy Server,
on which mails of our domain ABC.com is configured. Problem is that
fetchmail is not able to delete last mail which remains in POP Mailbox
after flushing all the mails. If I set the expunge option as "1" in
fetchmail file and suppose there are 5 mails in POP mailbox. 4 out of
five mails get downloaded and also get deleted from POP mailbox. But
it gives error (Socket error==Query status 2) after downloading the
fifth mail from the server.

Well, 2 things you can try.  First off, don't bother with setting
expunge - it may be that your problem is caused by your using this.
Secondly, try setting the fetchlimit to, say 4.

Then I started downloading mails using fetchmail. Same error (Socket
error==Query status 2) was coming in fetchmail. After this error
(Glibc detected. some error code) started coming in OE also.

Output of "fetchmail -v -v" and the actual error code would be useful!
 We're not mind readers and my crystal ball broke...

 One more thing I observe is that if I set "fetchall" option in
fetchmail.rc account configuration. Only then error comes after
downloading all 4 mails. If I do not put "fetchall" then error comes
in query only.

Output of "fetchmail -v -v" showing this?

 Do you think the only option is to upgrade the fetchmail. We have
tried that. It asked for lot of dependencies. I was not able to even
install the first one (libcSo.06 (glibc 2.3.3). If you have time can
you advice from which site we can download the exact RPM or TAR of
fetchmail and dependencies.

Try installing from source instead.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.