Re: [fetchmail]socket error

2005-07-08 16:28:53
On 08/07/05, Barsalou <barjunk(_at_)attglobal(_dot_)net> wrote:
Below is a strace from a recent transaction that was giving me a Query
status = 2.  Additonally, I wanted to ask, what happens if the mail that
I am receiving doesn't have a lone period?  It's true to say that a
message should end with a period on a line all by itself, right?

A trawl of the list archive would give you the answer to both.  Socket
errors usually indicate a connection problem.  If you'd provided the
output of "fetchmail -v -v" I might be able to tell you more.

If it is true, what would happen if the end of the message came before
the period ever appeared?

Fetchmail would log an error.

This also probably means that my provider isn't doing a good job of
filtering out non compliant mail.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor