[fetchmail]fetchmail-6.2.6-pre4 release candidate - please test!

2005-07-10 18:09:19

Greetings,

I deem the current fetchmail SVN code approaching official release.

I rolled another snapshot, labelled as fetchmail-6.2.6-pre4. I consider
this a release candidate, if nothing serious shows up in the next few
days, this can become 6.3.0.

da el gl ja pt_BR sk sq tr - these are the translations that have been
removed from this release because they lag too far behind. They are:
Danish, Greek, Galician, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, Slovak,
Albanian and Turkish. Please help updating these translations.

If you have a test machine available, please test this version and
report back if it worked for you, if it fixed your favourite 6.2.5 bugs,
or if it introduced new bugs, or if you tested it without anything in
particular.

In case this fails to compile, please state your ./configure options,
the exact error message with a few lines leading up to the error, your
operating system and version and installed packages - or just gzip and
attach the config.log file.

Note this all comes without warranty, as usual for GPL'd software.

Download from:
<http://home.pages.de/~mandree/fetchmail/fetchmail-6.2.6-pre4.tar.bz2>
Detached GnuPG Signature at:
<http://home.pages.de/~mandree/fetchmail/fetchmail-6.2.6-pre4.tar.bz2.sig>

The important visible changes since -pre3 are:

- - the manual page is more verbose on the differences of single- vs.
  multidrop, courtesy of Hannes Beinert
- - the FAQ has additional information on SSL verification, courtesy of
  Brian Candler
- - the .spec file for RPM building was updated (note that this currently
  requires you to override the version, RPM doesn't like the dash in
  -pre4 - this will not affect the final release).
- - the POP3 client will not attempt to send "PASS secret" if "USER login"
  failed previously.
- - some translations disabled as detailed above
- - new Russian translation added
- - some translations updated
- - proto RPOP in the configuration file is now supported (used to be
  supported only on the command line)

Regards,

- --
Matthias Andree