Re: [fetchmail]how best to do this?

2005-08-03 11:05:47
On 03/08/05, Max Waterman
<davidmaxwaterman+fetchmail-friends(_at_)fastmail(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

Hrm. On a whim, I tried having fastmail filter all the messages into a
single folder and then just running fetchmail on the single folder.

It looked like it worked fine; in fact, it's the best possible situation.

When I send a message 'To' multiple users in my domain, fastmail only
puts a single copy into the designated folder. This means that fetchmail
only downloads a single message (whilst before it was downloading N
copies). It seems that postfix recognises that it has to deliver it to
two users and so it duplicates.

Does this sound correct? Any potential pitfalls? It does simplify things
enormously.

If it works, it's correct - I don't know enough about postfix to be
able to help.

Just ensure that if you're using multi-drop you specify the
envelope-to header (details in the man page).

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor