[fetchmail]fetchmail project needs translators!

2005-09-26 02:18:34
Greetings,

The fetchmail project needs YOU - as translator. If you know your
language well, spell safely, please consider helping with translating
fetchmail. Translations are coordinated by the translation project,
http://translation.sourceforge.net/

The procedure is simple:

1. join your language team (see above link) - it usually means
subscribing to the language team's mailing list and mentioning there
that you'd wish to translate fetchmail message catalogs
2. download the -rc5 tarball to get an up-to-date .pot file
3. perhaps download the .po file from the repository (ask on the
fetchmail-devel list for the exact address)
4. translate -- there are powerful tools to make this easy: There is a
"po-mode" for the emacs editor, and there is "kbabel", a standalone KDE
application.
5. mail the translation to the translation project's robot

6. the robot will archive the translation, check it, and if complete,
send a copy to the fetchmail-devel list.

For the languages marked with an asterisk below, except French, we have
translators. I have been updating the French translation for the nonce,
but I'd rather wish that a native or very experienced (several years in
a Francophone area, with some courses) speaker handled this.

We have outdated translations (that means less work than a new
translation) for Albanian, Danish, Galician, Greek, Japanese, Brazilian
Portuguese, Slovak, Turkish.

These are our current statistics, languages shipping are marked with an
asterisk or plus. Those with asterisk have a translator.

I will not ship the translations without asterisk unless they are
updated soon.

* Language ca.po:         595 translated, 9 fuzzy, 2 untranslated.
* Language cs.po:         580 translated, 16 fuzzy, 10 untranslated.
  Language da.po:         536 translated, 57 fuzzy, 13 untranslated.
* Language de.po:         606 translated.
  Language el.po:         536 translated, 57 fuzzy, 13 untranslated.
* Language es.po:         589 translated, 13 fuzzy, 4 untranslated.
+ Language fr.po:         603 translated, 3 untranslated.
  Language gl.po:         401 translated, 94 fuzzy, 101 untranslated.
  Language ja.po:         515 translated, 72 fuzzy, 19 untranslated.
* Language pl.po:         595 translated, 9 fuzzy, 2 untranslated.
  Language pt_BR.po:      401 translated, 96 fuzzy, 99 untranslated.
* Language ru.po:         595 translated, 9 fuzzy, 2 untranslated.
  Language sk.po:         400 translated, 18 fuzzy, 178 untranslated.
  Language sq.po:         525 translated, 51 fuzzy, 30 untranslated.
  Language tr.po:         538 translated, 56 fuzzy, 12 untranslated.

Regards,