Re: [fetchmail]I cannot build fetchmail :(

2005-11-07 13:30:56
Hi,
Thankyou :) I noticed that lex was involved on saturday night and installed flex (removed lex ) but it did not help I will try your builds suggested build

Best regards,

Peter

Matthias Andree wrote:

"Peter Church" <peter(_dot_)church(_at_)church-consultancy(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
writes:

   I am trying to build a version of fetchmail with ssl included (needed for
gmail )
my platform is sparc running solaris 10 openssl is installed in
/usr/local

Your problem apparently isn't OpenSSL related. It may instead be a
problem with Solaris' lex. I believe fetchmail has only ever been built
with GNU flex, and this is what works for me.

No need to install flex though, just see if you can build 6.2.9-rc7,
available from the two sites shown below. The 6.2.9-rc7 tarball ships
with ready-built rcfile_[ly].c files it should work for you without lex
or yacc hassles.

<https://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1824>

<http://home.pages.de/~mandree/fetchmail/> (at the very top of the page)

If 6.2.9-rc7 still doesn't compile, drop me a line on the list (and Cc:
personally, as an exception from the rule to keep everything on the list).

I think 6.2.9-rc7 is in pretty good shape. I hope to release the same
code as 6.3.0 later this month.

HTH,