[fetchmail]Fetchmail & Sun Qube 3 Pro

2006-03-22 02:52:38
Hi,

We are having some problems with our Qube 3 Pro that uses Fetchmail to poll
our main pop3 server, and retrieve all e-mails found.

Now for the past month we have been getting Socket errors (5) when pulling
e-mails, which last night went undetected for 7 hours, and the boss is not
happy.

I know my colleague who is away at the moment, has setup fetchmail not to
delete mail once collected,

which each time it finds new mail it has to go through each mail to check if
it has been downloaded or not. Could this be the cause?

The question I am really looking for is, is there anyway I can setup
fetchmail to e-mail me when an error occurs (using an external pop account)?

Regards

Gavin