Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail hangs...

2006-08-02 05:04:45
On Wed, 02 Aug 2006, Chris wrote:

I'm completely new to fetchmail.  I want to use it to offload my mailing
lists emails from my email client.

I have a file: test.fetch
poll smtp.comcast.net proto pop3 user "telting" password "password" ;

I invoke with: fetchmail -v -f test.fetch and I get:
fetchmail: 6.3.4 querying smtp.comcast.net (protocol POP3) at Wed Aug  2
01:18:54 2006: poll started

and it just hangs...

Check your ISP's documentation for the correct server for POP3.
Apparently the POP3 port on smtp.comcast.net is firewalled.

Note this list is obsolete and going away, please use the new lists at
berlios.de.